In this episode of The League of Extraordinary Divers podcast I sit down Tom Ingram, President and CEO of the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA). Tom’s been diving since the age of 11, and then becoming an instructor in the 70’s. But the unique thing about Tom’s path was that he was a solid educator teaching at both Florida Institute of Technology and Barry University in both of their diving business programs. Tom helped train many scuba instructors how to conduct the business side of diving. Along the way Tom was also marketing director for both ScubaPro and Aqua Lung. His background in both diving business and marketing has made him a very effective leader at DEMA.
He holds Masters degrees in Marketing & Management & served as Chair of the Board for the California Society of Association Executives, lecturer for the Professional Convention Management Association and author of numerous articles on diving, marketing, & management.
Items in this Podcast
- Becoming a diver at 11
- New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving
- Florida Institute of Technology Sport Diving Operations Program
- Barry University
- ScubaPro marketing director
- Aqua Lung marketing director
- DEMA position in 2002
- Early days of scuba training
- Great White Shark Diving with Rodney Fox Australia
- Cayman Islands
- Wounded Warriors
- California Diving La Hoya Cove
- Channel Islands National Park
- A Rescue on Theo’s Wreck
- Taking Kids Diving with Leaopard sharks or Tiger sharks?
- Stan Waterman – Sea Salt & Sea Salt II
- Dive Caching
- Go Dive Now.com
- DEMA Public Policy Support Bill to Ban Sale and Possession of Shark Fins
Click here to support the Bill to Ban the Sale and Possession of Shark Fins
Special thanks to our episode sponsor Aggressor Fleet
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you for joining me again. Do you want to give a shout out to our guest on this podcast? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The League of Extraordinary Divers podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! And, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates